As an au pair in America, you’ll get to experience the culture first hand – living with and working for an American host family. You will make life-long friends, develop a lasting bond with your host family and create some unforgettable memories.
• Private room in your host family’s home
• Full board, including 3 meals a day
• Support from our local partner agency, including activities and events
• 4-5 day orientation course in New York
• Return flights (ex. Auckland or Christchurch)
• Educational courses (up to $500USD)
• Minimum weekly stipend of $195.75USD
The U.S. Department of State calculation of the minimum weekly stipend of $195.75 is based on the federal minimum wage with a 40% deduction for room and board in exchange for childcare services. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.
• Admin Fee $99
• Matching Fee $399
• Placement Fee $1500
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars
• Police Check
• Valid passport
• Full drivers license
• Two childcare references and one character reference
• Medical report completed by your GP
• 10 pictures and introductory video
• High school graduation certificate and copies of any other relevant qualifications/certificates
You will be applying for the J-1 Visa. Your application will be sponsored by our American partner agency.
Once you are matched with a host family we will send you your sponsorship papers and visa application forms.
The US Consulate requires all applicants for J–1 Visas to be interviewed in Auckland.
If you aren’t ready for the adventure to end, your 12 month J-1 Visa can be extended for 6, 9 or 12 months after you have been in America for 9 months.