Australia has always been the most popular destination for young Kiwis to visit, now more than ever with the trans-Tasman bubble opening. Across this epic country you’ll find endless variety and beauty – from the golden sands and clear waters of the Northern Beaches, to the wild expanse of the outback or the rainforests. Our Roam Austraila programme places Koego travellers in Australian boarding schools for six or twelve month placements. Think Summer Camp, but just across the ditch!
Travellers arriving into certain states of Australia from New Zealand do not have to quarantine, however travellers returning to New Zealand at this stage need to quarantine on arrival due to covid-19.
• Private or shared room (mostly private rooms)
• Full orientation, training and a certificate from the Australian Boarding Schools Association
• Full board, including 3 meals a day during the school term
• Support from our local partner agency, including social activities and events
• Access to discounted travel through our partner agency
• Weekly wage of between $150 and $350AUD per week
• Admin Fee $125
• Placement Fee $2690
• Visa (if needed)
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars.
Once you arrive in Australia you will need to applyu for a Working with Children Check. This costs between $80 and $130AUD, depending on what state you are working in.
• Valid passport
• Medical check
• NZ police check
• Visa if not an NZ citizen