Home to some of the most breath-taking landscapes the world has to offer, New Zealand is a proud nation. From rugby to Lord of the Rings, we have lots to share with the world! It is a place where people from across the globe come to define their sense of self and find their place in the world. New Zealanders are warm and welcoming. We are laid-back and generous people. Our sense of whānau (extended family) has created a warm and accepting environment for young travelers to share in, and there’s nothing we love better than learning about where our visitors have come from and where they are going. Living with a Kiwi host family for up to twelve months, you’ll learn about our culture, gain experience working with children and become a much-loved member of the whānau.
• Private room in your host family’s home
• Full board, including 3 meals a day
• Support from Koego
• Benefit from our playgroups, fun child outings and au pair events to connect you with new friends from around the world
• 3 day orientation course in Auckland
• Weekly pocket money
• 4 weeks of paid leave for every 12 months worked, giving you lots of time to travel and explore
• Completion bonus of up to $1040NZD at the end of a 12 month placement
• Insurance & flights can be purchased through us
Our programme fee is dependent on your chosen programme and service requirements. For specific costs, please contact our team. Koego offers FREE support throughout the placement such as the service of booking flights, insurance, orientation training, and on-going support from your Programme Manager including access to our au pair network and activities.
• Police Check
• Valid passport
• Full drivers license (preferred but not essential)
• Two childcare references and one character reference
• Medical report completed by your GP
• Pictures and introductory video
• Copies of any other relevant qualifications/certificates
You’ll need to apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa which will allow you to live and work in New Zealand. Take a look at the New Zealand Immigration website to check your eligibility and visa conditions.