live. learn. earn.
explore your own backyard 
work & travel in new zealand

au pair in new zealand

While overseas travel isn’t an option, play it safe and explore your own backyard instead. Home to some of the most breath-taking landscapes the world has to offer, it’s not hard to see why people travel thousands of miles to visit lil’ old New Zealand. Our sense of whānau (extended family) has created a warm and accepting environment for young travelers to share in, and there’s nothing we love better than learning about where our visitors have come from and where they are going. Living with a Kiwi host family for up to twelve months, you’ll gain experience working with children, have the opportunity to complete a free ECE qualification (if you’re a Kiwi) and become a much-loved member of the whānau. Coming out of these uncertain times with a new qualification and knowing you’ve made a difference in the lives of Kiwi kids? Winning! 

the basics

150+ hours
childcare experience


private room
and full board


1-12 month


20-45 hour

what you’ll get

free room
and meals


$200+ min. weekly
pocket money




completion bonus
of up to $1040

• Private room in your host family’s home.
All positions are live in.

• Full board, including 3 meals a day and internet

• Support from Koego

• Benefit from our playgroups, fun child outings and au pair events to connect you with new friends from around the world

• Comprehensive online orientation course

• First aid training

• Weekly pocket money of at least $200

• 4 weeks of paid leave for every 12 months worked, giving you lots of time to travel and explore

• Completion bonus of up to $1040 at the end of your placement

what does it cost?

That’s the best bit! It’s FREE for anyone currently in New Zealand.
If you are a New Zealand citizen you can also complete a FREE certificate in ECE so you’ll walk away with an awesome qualification and valuable experience.

can I go?

years old

full drivers
license preferred

at least 150 hours
childcare experience

willing to live with a host
family for 1-12 months

you’ll need the below documents, but we’re here to help

• Police Check
• Full drivers license (preferred but not essential)
• Two forms of photo ID (e.g. passport and drivers license)
• At least one childcare reference
• Pictures
• Copies of any other relevant qualifications/certificates
• Copy of Working Holiday Visa or New Zealand passport

visa information

You’ll need to be able to work legally in New Zealand. You could either be a New Zealand citizen or hold a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa.